0

UGANDA DROP ANTI-GAY BILL !

On May 9, Ugandan Parliament was on the verge on voting on a law that would impose death penalty to those for just being gay. 


When I was younger, I only knew there were 2 kinds of people. Woman and Men. I never knew there were others that were in-between. I started realizing people like that existed as I grew older. I remember in middle school I saw someone picking on a guy for being different. They would push him around and make continuous jokes like "dont drop the soap in the locker room while you're with him" or "he's probably fantasizing about me", all coming from guys.  I realized it wasn't his fault for being the way that he is. If he was born that way and wanted to be that way everyone should just accept him. I guess during those days since were young and dumb  ( haha ) and haven't really entered the real world, we only knew what existed was men and woman, no in-betweens. 


As I grew older, i encountered more people of different types and I actually learned to love them <3. I believe that these people are uniquely created by God and sent down from the heavens to give us the laughter and joys in our lives that some of us are actually missing. There are the types of people that give off good vibes to those who don't know how to have fun anymore.They have just every right amount of right to be here just like anyone else.


I am now just reccently active on twitter and came across one of the tweets that read :


‎" 12 hours to stop #uganda bill that would impose death penalty for being gay. Sign the petition "


As I read that, I looked back to the times I have encountered bullying with these kinds of people and how hurt I felt for them. I decided to sign the petition asap. It doesn't cost a cent or a piso to take the time to sign your name up. All it takes is a couple minutes of your time in reading the article in the website and typing in your information in the tabs.  


Just earlier today, before I sat down in front of the laptop for a new day's work, it came across my mind " have we helped stopped the bill ? " .   Luckily, with social media and the internet,  and one of the users that I was following on Twitter, a tweet appeared in my feedback that said that we had all helped stopped that bill. Imagine inside I was really happy for the fact to just spread that over the web,  
you can help make a difference. 


If you check the website  right now , we have reached the goal of a million signature. Let's help now in reaching the 1.5M. Spread the word and make a difference , even just by sitting in front of computer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top